Department of Defense 2011 Compensation and Benefits Handbook.
A reference guide for wounded, ill, and injured Service members and their loved ones during rehabilitation to reintegration. This handbook includes information on recovery resources, medical care, from governmental and non-governmental organizations.|
Jansen, Don., Blakeley, K., Congressional Research Service, Military Medical Care: Questions and Answers, October 4, 2012.
This report provides answers to some of the common questions about the Military Health System, particularly pertaining to Tricare, health care costs, and military retiree benefits.
This National Institute of Health website has various health resources that have background information and links on Veterans and Military Health. The resources include links to information on mental health, financial issues, and clinical trials.
Military.com, Benefits by Duty Status.
Military.com is an “online community” with articles, links, job listings and other information for members of the military, veterans and their families. Its Benefits page provides information on both veteran health care and TRICARE/military health care.
National Veterans Foundation, Handbook on Health Care Benefits.
The National Veterans Foundation’s handbook on health care benefits includes information regarding enrollment, payment, and the various health programs.
TRICARE Homepage, 2012.
This program is provided by the U.S. Department of Defense Military Health System to provide health care benefits for those serving the military and veterans. This is the official website of the Office of Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs) and the TRICARE Management Activity. It is a resource for information about the military health system and TRICARE beneficiaries, providers, and media.
Several resources include, The Military Zone, TRICARE, Choices for the Reserve Component, TRICARE for Life Handbook, 2012, and TRICARE Management Activity, 2012.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Care: Veterans Health Administration Homepage, 2012.
This website provides information on eligibility, benefits, special programs, costs, and patient services within the VA.
The site includes a number of key resources, including:
- VA Health Care Eligibility and Enrollment, July 16, 2012.
- Medical Benefits Package (Standard Benefits), January 16, July 16, 2012.
- CHAMPVA Homepage, 2012. This page provides an overview of the CHAMPVA program, eligibility information, and links to more detailed information about the program, including benefits and providers.
- VA Health Care for Women Veterans, This website is a portal to resources that provides primary care and specialty care information particularly for women veterans. The following resources focus on the Women Veterans gender differences.
- Women Veterans Health Care and Gender Differences in Performance Measures, VHA 2008-2011.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Annual Budget Submission (FY 2013)
This page includes several products detailing Veterans Affairs’ appropriations for the various programs the Department operates, including health care services.